- Mayor Randy Millwood
- Founded in 1818 from land ceded to the Federal gov’t by the Creek Nation in 1814
- Was once a mixed Creek/Cherokee Native American village
- Named for TN governor Willie G. Blount, who provided assistance to Alabama settlers during the Creek War of 1813-1814.
- A major crossroads in early Alabama. Became a Confederate depot for the cavalry.
- In northeastern section of AL, known as the mineral region.
- 5.5 square miles
- Population 7, 330 in 2010
- Affected by historic April 27, 2011 tornado outbreak (Tornado activity above state average)
- Home to the Spring Valley Beach Water Park
Heavenly Father, we love You and adore You. You see and know everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen. You hold all our days in Your hand. You bring redemption and restoration out of loss. You are merciful, gracious, faithful, and there is no god like our God.
You are also the God of Justice. The rich history of Blountsville touches on the injustices that occurred against the Native Americans in this country. Father, as a nation, You know that we have recognized those sins and have done our best to repent. So we ask that You would heal the land from those injustices, because of the blood of Jesus Christ. As this city seeks to preserve and learn from its past, we pray that Your light and truth would shine through the hard parts. We pray Amos 5:25, that You would cause Your justice to roll down like waters, and Your righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. To me, it’s as if their Spring Valley Beach Water Park is a visual reminder of that verse.
We pray that You would bless this city, according to Your grace and lovingkindness. Please give Mayor Millwood, the city council, and other city leaders Your wisdom. Cause them to trust in You with all their heart, and to not lean on their own understanding. May they acknowledge You in all their ways, so that You will direct their paths. (Prov. 3:5,6)
You have a plan and purpose for Blountsville, and so we pray that You would accomplish it in the earth as it already is in Heaven. Provide what the citizens need to live lives that glorify You, giving them everything pertaining to life and godliness. Bless the businesses in the city to manage well and find their fulfillment and satisfaction in You, and not in their profit margin. Raise up Kingdom-minded business leaders in Blountsville, to be able to invest in Your Kingdom through local ministries.
We pray all these things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
Please join the prayer conversation for Blountsville by leaving your prayer or Scripture in the comments below.